Brian J. Patrick
My goal is to design for the future by building modern websites and web applications with stunning user interfaces and seamless user experiences.
IBM CommerceSenior Web UI Developer
March 2012 - Present
- Lead UI developer for the Tiffany.com project.
- Implemented a redesign of the Tiffany.com e-commerce website.
- Created a touch-enabled, CSS3 animated, tablet web-app prototype for enterprise order management.
- Working on experimental HTML5/CSS3 implementations for numerous use-cases.
- Creating modern framework code and style guides for re-usable UI code across the team.
Fro DesignsFreelance Web Developer
June 2009 - Present
- Offering freelance website and web application design and development services.
INgage NetworksUI Engineer
May 2010 - March 2012
- Converted the UI of base products to match customer implementations.
- XHTML, CSS, and jQuery language focus.
- Employed agile development methodologies.
- Strong focus on social media.
Landscape FormsWeb Developer Intern
May 2009 - March 2010
- Implemented a redesign of the company website using Microsoft Sharepoint Server.
- Developed internal web applications using ASP.NET and SQL Server.
- Designed and developed an eBay-like website for company auctions using ASP.NET and jQuery UI.
- Created various Windows applications using VB.NET and SQL Server.
Old World DistributorsWebmaster
Dec 2007 - May 2009
- Designed and implemented 2 new e-commerce websites using X-Cart software.
- Updating the company's website and online catalog; focused on search engine optimization.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems with company computers.
- Providing technical input to help lead to company innovation.
Northville LibraryComputer Page
Jan 2005 - Aug 2007
- Signing up and checking identification of library patrons.
- Handling the distribution and fee collection of printed documents from public computers.
- Assisting users by doing troubleshooting related to printing, emailing, using browsers and the Windows operating system, and connecting to wireless access.
- Occasional database maintenance projects and web page updating.
- AJAX / async
- Node.js / npm
- Version Control - Git and TFS
- GitHub, GitLab, and Team Services
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Adobe Creative Suite
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Responsive Web Development
- Touch Interactivity
- Animated Interfaces
- Continuous Integration
- Agile Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Internet Connections
- Wired/Wireless Networking
- Public Relations
- Social Networking
Western Michigan University
Graduated: December 2009
Major: Electronic Business Design
Transferred: Spring 2007
Focus: General Business Transfer
Awarded for Fall 2007 and Fall 2008 at Western Michigan University.
Community College President's Scholarship
Awarded for Fall 2007. Selected by president of Schoolcraft College. One transfer student chosen per calendar year.